Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Internship 3

Today, my supervisor got a new trainee; my replacement. She'll be training for 6 months.

My supervisor left her with me late in the morning; asking me to train her since she'll be taking over me. I tried to break the ice by making casual conversation and even I took her for a line tour; explaining to her the process of assembling.

What I thought of her? Well, I think she's a tad too quiet. Throughout the line tour, she hardly asked any questions. I asked her a few times if she understood me and she said 'Yes' I asked her if she had any questions and she said 'No'. I'm not sure if she really understood me or if the ice has not been broken. I hope I'll be able to communicate better with her in the coming days.

I do not have much time left. When my supervisor introduced her to me, I thought to myself "Good. Got extra hands to help me". Then, like lightning, it struck me that 2 months have come and gone. I have only a month left for my training. How time flies. I still have a lot to do but time isn't on my side. But now with the new intern, I hope things will be better for me and my preparation for my presentation on the 16.

I did enjoy myself for the past 2 months. I love work despite the hectic schedule and the work load. Yes it can be stressful at times but I enjoyed the challenge. What I want now is to end this training by awe'ing' the managers with a superb presentation and hopefully, leaving a good mark in the company. Whether or not I will achieve this goal remains to be seen. Wish me luck in this final lap :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck...:)you can do it..

MK said...

Good Luck bro. you can do it =)
have faith and He will always be looking over for you ^^

Post a Comment