Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ink, Ink and more Ink.

My printer cartridge ran out of ink. So I got some ink and started refilling it. Little did I know that a simple task like this could end up in a disaster. I took some time to study the manual and when I was pretty confident with myself, I started off with the first step which was to drill a hole at the top. Halfway through, the pin got stuck, so I started hammering it in (How smart I was).

After awhile, I thought maybe it was time to stop, and proceeded to the second step, insert syringe and pump ink in. As I pumped, ink started to ooze out from the hole I made and soon it was oozing out from the other end of the cartridge as well. At that point, I panicked and started to blot the ink with lots of tissue paper.

I ran a test print to check; but my PC was showing "Low Ink". I repeated step 2 for a couple of times (with ink oozing out each time), insert syringe and pump, insert syringe and pump some more. Soon, I ran out of ink with the "'Low Ink" prompt still showing. (O Crap!!!)

That's when I got some "enlightenment". I referred back to the manual and saw that for colour cartridges, you pry open the top cap to refill. Wow. Why not do the same for this. So these itchy fingers of mine starts prying the top open with a knife. I opened it alright, and found that the hole I was suppose to drill wasn't deep enough (That explains the ink oozing out from the hole I made).

Then I realized; I was in more trouble than I was in earlier on. How do I seal the cap back? Think... Think harder... UHU? Hey, why not? I used UHU but; UHU don't do magic and it definately did NOT solve my problem. So now I ended up wasting not only 1 syringe of ink but also a cartridge.

I learned something out of this; I did. I learned that when it comes to ink refilling, you can count on me to make a mess :P

6 comments:

C-h-R-i-sT-i-N-e said...

haha......how could the refillin become like this ? U r even worse than me........ haha...

beekean @ mei juan said...

altho i dunno hw 2 refil ink... but i cant imagine hw cum u wil try 2 do it so messy??? sob sob... in my way, buy new catridge and jz insert like dat more easier and save time... don't u think so??? altho money is d prob... hehe...

Anonymous said...

walau..wat a good job..the ink wasted aldy lor..

Anonymous said...

I havent done it before..but i BEt i can do a betta job..hehe..haih.

Anonymous said...

wah wan lai refill ink so complicated wan ah...no wonder ppl lik to buy a whole new ink...lol...thanks for letting me know that too...haha

flo.rence. said...

=_= congrats chris.. haha

Post a Comment